Full Stack Developer
As a Full Stack Developer at White Whale, you’ll work with White Whale’s product team to build and improve our data science platform, DeepSea.
DeepSea allows data scientists to deliver solutions quickly, by importing their Python code and visualizing the output data on interactive dashboards. This allows data scientists' work to be explored, refined, and utilized by people with all levels of technical expertise.
Our ideal candidate will bring a passion for front and back-end development to their role—helping make DeepSea a standout product in the industry at the intersection of technology and user experience.
- Full-stack software development using React/Redux, Node.js, Hapi,js, Flask, Docker, MongoDB, and AWS
- Assist the product team in building, designing, testing, and deploying DeepSea
- Write backend logic in a microservice architecture connected to a variety of data sources
- Build & style reusable React components
- Ensure that tests & deployments are running in the cloud
- Help plan future DeepSea product features
- Work with data scientists to troubleshoot bugs and understand their needs
- Review code and work with other developers on projects
Technical Must Haves:
- 3+ years of experience in front and back end development
- A Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or a related field. Certifications/bootcamps will also be considered.
- Experience with MongoDB, Docker, Git, and CI/CD
- An interest in data science, MLOps, big data, and/or data visualization
Technical Nice To Haves:
- AWS experience
- Pandas experience
- Experience with SQL, data lakes, and/or Snowflake
- Experience with data visualization (ECharts, Plotly, etc, and/or Mapbox)
- Experience with Hapi.js
- Experience with Redis, RabbitMQ, job queuing libraries such as Celery or Bull
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate product development to non developers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A self-starting personality and ability to solve problems on your own
- Desire to work on a small, cross-functional product team
What to Expect at White Whale:
- Flexible in-person and remote work policy
- A 40-hour work week with generous vacation time
- Optional team events such as lunches, hikes, etc.
- A high standard of execution - expect to give and receive constructive feedback
- A relaxed atmosphere with team members who are eager to help you learn
- No bureaucracy or ‘set-in-stone’ product development process - how we work is a work-in-progress, and your experience will help solidify White Whale’s product development processes as we scale.