White Whale is looking for an experienced Infrastructure engineer — a candidate that takes on challenges, continuously improve their expertise and naturally takes ownership of their work. The ideal candidate has a strong back-end development background, an eagerness to follow good practices and a desire to apply their skills in the fields of infrastructure and DevOps.
The mission of the team is to solidify, improve and monitor the cloud infrastructure as well as make developers as efficient as possible, by providing them with the proper CI/CD tooling.
As a DevOps Engineer at White Whale, you will:
- Leverage CircleCI and AWS to provision various infrastructure components
- Manage, develop and maintain our CI/CD pipelines (internal tools, cloud services)
- Orchestrate and execute various system upgrades (servers, databases, caches, etc…)
- Coordinate with various teams of engineers/data scientists and efficiently contribute to shared projects
- Help design and architect new initiatives in the cloud
- Investigate and suggest improvements with regards to scalability, security, and overall quality of the infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
You will help your team:
- Revamp the internal deployment tools to be more lightweight and decoupled from other tools
- Maintain and improve production, staging, and development environment auto-deployment
- Port self-managed services to cloud managed services (Elasticsearch, for example)
- Centralize and uniformize projects CI/CD configurations using CircleCI orbs and custom code